Skip to content
Vanilla Cake Recipe
- 125g Butter
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 125g Self Raising Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven to 195C/fan 175C/gas 3.5
- Cream the butter and sugar together until it becomes a pale yellow/white colour.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder. Then add the eggs and vanilla essence. Fold together until it is all combined.
- Place the mixture in to greased tins or cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and springs back when gently pressed. Once baked leave to cool for 30 minutes.