- 250 gm all purpose flour
- 150 gm granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 gm butter
How to make Eggless Sponge Cake
- Step 1Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for at least 15 minutes. Now take a pan and grease it with butter. Dust some flour on it evenly. You can also spread a butter paper in the pan.
- Step 2Powder the sugar and add it in a large bowl. Mix in the curd and butter and beat well. Then, add baking powder and baking soda. Use a hand blender to mix till bubbles start appearing. Add the vanilla essence and mix again.
- Step 3Now gradually fold in the flour, one spoon at a time. So that no lumps remain. Once the entire flour is mixed, vigorously beat the batter for 3-4 minutes. Once it becomes light and frothy, pour it in the baking tin. Bake it at 200 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Step 4Insert a toothpick in the cake to check if it is done. If the tooth pick comes out clean, your cake is ready. Slice it and serve with tea and coffee.