- 250 gm all purpose flour
- 150 gm granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 gm butter
How to make Eggless Sponge Cake
- Step 1Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for at least 15 minutes. Now take a pan and grease it with butter. Dust some flour on it evenly. You can also spread a butter paper in the pan.
- Step 2Powder the sugar and add it in a large bowl. Mix in the curd and butter and beat well. Then, add baking powder and baking soda. Use a hand blender to mix till bubbles start appearing. Add the vanilla essence and mix again.
- Step 3Now gradually fold in the flour, one spoon at a time. So that no lumps remain. Once the entire flour is mixed, vigorously beat the batter for 3-4 minutes. Once it becomes light and frothy, pour it in the baking tin. Bake it at 200 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Step 4Insert a toothpick in the cake to check if it is done. If the tooth pick comes out clean, your cake is ready. Slice it and serve with tea and coffee.
Am going to try it tomorrow
We are sure it will be a great result